The bell rang and Miranda got out of anatomy class, it was her last class and as usual Ethan was waiting for her in the door. Miranda had started school three weeks ago, and Ethan had been helping her a lot during those weeks, although everybody was really nice to her and she had not had any trouble making friends. Ethan had asked her for a date that weekend and of course she had accepted it. She really liked him, and she enjoyed being with him. It was Friday and after saying good bye to Ethan, Maya, one of her new friends, took her home.
She arrived home around three thirty and when she saw her dad was at home she though it was weird, her dad always was at work at four in the afternoon. She said hello to her dad and her dad with a big smile started talking to Miranda.
- Miranda how was your day at school?
- It was really good, dad, why are you at home? Tell me what is going on…
- Honey, we are coming back to Madrid! Isn’t it great? I’m going to be the principal at the bank of Spain, you are going to go to your school again and you are going to see your friends! I felt so bad for you when we moved…
When Richard said that the world stopped for Miranda, she couldn’t believe they were moving, this was the third month, and she loved the new high school and Ethan… she didn’t want to lose him. She felt betrayed.
- Dad, you can’t do this! Please, don’t do it! I am already used to all of this, and you know I love it, you know I love New York! You don’t do this because of me; you just care about your job.
- Miranda! This is the best choice for everybody and you will do whatever I say.
Miranda started crying and went to her bedroom. She spent there two hours, just crying and thinking about how much she was going to miss all of this. Her mom arrived home and she knocked Miranda’s door. Miranda let her come in.
- Hi honey, I see your father told you the news… I know you must be upset, I am sad too. But Miranda, this is really important for your father and so for us, besides, you are coming back here whenever you want, and you know that.
- Mom, I know that but why move now? We have been here just three months, and dad’s job right now is enough good.
- Miranda, we are moving in three weeks no matter what so the best for you is to accept it, and enjoy these three weeks here.
Miranda told everybody about the news, all her friends looked very sad, nevertheless she decided to follow her mom’s advice and enjoy. She prepared a party before moving and she had her date with Ethan, it was amazing although it made her being even sadder. The last days she packed everything.
The plane lift at eleven o’clock in the morning and it was ten thirty, they had been in the airport since two hours ago, and now they were going to the flight’s gate. They arrived there and when they were showing the tickets to the people in charge someone called Miranda. Before turning around Miranda knew who was, she started crying, she turned around and hugged him. They just didn’t say anything; they stared at each other until Miranda realized she had to go to the plane. Ethan kissed her for the last time and let her go. Once in the plane Miranda looked at the window and she felt happy because of all the things she had lived and all the people she had met, then she turned to her mom and she started talking to her.