A Composition Class Project

The following novel is written in installments by the thirteen members of the Bevier C-4 Composition Class. The story is arranged as a novel, so pay no attention to the dates of posting, but follow the tale to its close. As of January 21, we are starting the third of five scenarios for our thirteen characters. You may email or leave comments if you like, and we will be happy to respond if you wish. Enjoy!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Kayden Scenario II


You know, I think I’ll just call you journal…what am I, twelve? I do not really have much to say this time. I got off the plane and met my aunt and uncle. Then we made our way to their house, which is a mansion in the Hamptons. It is a three-story house with a theatre in the basement, a game room, and an in-ground pool! My aunt and uncle have three kids: Jessica, Danielle, and Cameron, and they are the most spoiled rotten kids I know. Anyway, I’m going to bed now and tomorrow morning I am going to the Brooklyn Bridge. 
The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the oldest suspension bridges in the United States. It was completed in 1883 and connects Manhattan and Brooklyn by spanning the East River. It was designed by John Augustus Roebling and is 5,989 feet long. The Brooklyn Bridge carried trains until 1944, streetcars until 1950, and it now carries cars, pedestrians, and bicycles. I walked along the wide wood-plank that was elevated above the traffic. The Manhattan skyline was so impressive. I could not imagine what New Yorkers thought in the 19th century as they crossed the Bridge. The bridge was used by pedestrians during the attacks on the World Trade Center to leave the city. I couldn’t grasp the magnitude and history of the Brooklyn Bridge. The view was so amazing, I left speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment